Meet a HomeBodies
Personal Trainer, Eric
Eric has been certified with the American Council on Exercise since 1995 and a member of the Homebodies team since 2006. He has trained from Florida (Key West) to California (LA, San Francisco) and from New York City to Cape Cod.
Specialties include precise Form and Technical Instruction, TRX, Cycle Reebok/Spinning, Flexibility, Core Training, and Basic Nutritional Counseling. His thorough understanding of what makes a body tick coupled with a terrifically upbeat personality make Eric one of New York City’s most sought after trainers.
Many people buy a piece of cardio equipment for their home and then begin to do their home cardio exercises incorrectly. Home Cardio.
Cardio training, also known as cardiovascular training or aerobic exercise, is a form of exercise that uses large muscles such as the leg muscles to strengthen both the heart and lungs. The word aerobic means "needing and delivering oxygen."
There are many types of cardio workout routines. Learn about all of the options you have to add cardio training to your lifestyle. Cardio Workouts.
"Cardio weight training combines the fitness benefits of cardio exercises with weight training.
We use very light weights, but do many more reps than we would with traditional weight training.
The result is a high calorie burning exercise that improves the overall tone of your body."
"I have been with Homebodies for 13 years because of the excellent service they provide. They really know how to select their trainers. They are all highly trained individuals so I don’t have to worry about the qualifications of the individual I am dealing with.
Furthermore, I can sleep at night knowing that they will avoid exercise where I might hurt myself. Another key factor for me is that they take care of all the administrative aspects of my training so that they handle cancellations, changes in schedule, etc."
Kluge & Company
During cardio training, oxygen is delivered to the muscles of the body on a continuous basis.
Cardio exercise raises your heart rate and keeps the heart rate elevated for a specific period of time. During this time, the majority of calories are burned.
As the heart rate is raised, more oxygen is delivered to the muscles and the body begins to work and sweat. This in turn leads to the burning of calories along with other benefits, such as:
- Strengthening the heart and lungs, and increasing lung capacity
- Promoting a restful nights sleep
For over 25 years, our personal trainers have worked with people just like you, teaching them the proper way to do cardio exercise.
Many people buy a piece of cardio equipment for their home and then begin to do their home cardio exercises incorrectly.
They see no results or get injured and lose interest, leaving the equipment to gather dust in the corner. Our personal trainers know the secrets to a successful cardio workout.
- Did you know you should be able to carry on a conversation when doing cardio?
- Did you know a short burst of intense cardio could be better than a long period of light cardio?
- Did you know there are many different types of cardio exercises to choose from and most of them can be done from home without fancy exercise machines?
Let our personal trainers design a home cardio program you will want to do every day. We can also design an outdoor cardio workout that includes jogging, walking or biking.
There are many types of cardio workout routines. Some types involve the exercises mentioned above, however, there are times when it is simply too hot or too cold to be outside. In these cases, cardio machines can be helpful.
While these cardio machines are found in a gym, they are also available for purchase and use within the home.
If you are interested in purchasing a machine for home use, consult with a HomeBodies personal trainer.
Your personal trainer can help you decide which piece of equipment will work best for you.
- Stationary or recumbent bikes- these types of bikes give you a low-impact cardio workout. By adjusting the tension, you can simulate biking up a mountain hill. You can also set your bike to simulate biking a long-distance race.
- Treadmills-These are used for walking or running. You can also simulate a hike on a treadmill.
- Elliptical machines- these machines give an intense low-impact workout to the lungs, hearts, legs, and arms. They are designed to mimic the beneficial effects obtained from a combination of both walking and skiing.
- Stair climbers- using a stair climber provides benefits to the heart, legs, thighs, and lungs.
Other types of machines our personal trainers can help you with include spin bikes, rowing machines, and cross-country ski machines.
Recently, scientists have been touting what HomeBodies has known all along. A cardio fitness routine combined with other types of exercise is healthier for you and helps you tone and lose weight faster than a strict cardio routine alone. In fact, long-term benefits of combining a cardio fitness program along with a strength training program and yoga or Pilates include:
- Improved heart function - increasing the function of the heart so it pumps more blood per beat, strengthening the contractions of the heart, and reducing blood pressure.
- Improved cellular function - building more capillaries, thus keeping muscles functioning longer and reducing the effects of aging as well as protecting muscles from the effects of free radicals.
- Reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart failure, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and stroke.
- Minimal loss of muscle mass – if cardio is done alone, precious muscle mass is burned as well as fat. Strength training done in conjunction with cardio fitness helps to retain muscle.
In addition a regular cardio routine, paired with other forms of strength training exercises has been proven to improve the function of the immune system, add to the age-span, and even protect against certain types of cancer.
Cardio Weight Loss
Of course, one of the largest benefits of cardio exercise is weight loss. HomeBodies personal trainers know for maximum weight loss, cardio should be performed at least five times per week and a minimum of three times per week. Even on days when the body is resting from weight or strength training, cardio exercise and yoga and Pilates can still be performed.
The importance of cardio weight loss cannot be downplayed. It gets the blood pumping, the metabolic system revved, and speeds up the burning of fat. Strength training keeps the metabolism burning longer, so combining the two correctly ensures you are burning fat all day.
HomeBodies personal trainers are experienced in combining the two types of exercise in a way that works best for you. Many people, when beginning a cardio weight loss routine find a personal trainer can help them develop good interval and circuit training programs.
Cardio Weight Training
Cardio weight training in particular, is a good way to both burn fat and to tone the muscles.
It works for both men and women and when combined with core exercise programs such as yoga and Pilates, provides a complete body workout. Seniors especially benefit from cardio weight training, as it helps maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind.
If you are interested in seeing how a HomeBodies personal trainer can get you in top physical and mental shape through a cardio fitness program, contact us today.
Copyright 2011 HomeBodies Inc. All Rights Reserved. All art licensed by Shutterstock.
This page was last updated: 8/17/2014
"Homebodies was a real find. I've been delighted with their service and join the list of happy customers."
CBS Sunday Morning
"Trust me, you will not find this service at any gym. I tried them all!"
Tony-Award Winning Actress
A cardio fitness routine combined with other types of exercise is healthier for you and helps you tone and lose weight.
Some of the most beneficial cardio is performed with a personal trainer. HomeBodies personal trainers will come to either your home or meet you at your office or fitness club to give you the best possible cardio training.
In-Home Personal Training in Manhattan, Westchester, Brooklyn, and Greenwich CT